Debbie Leaman Creative Aging Blog - Share Your Story!
1. Essays should be original pieces written by you (if re-posted, please send permission from original source or reference the origin).
2. Pieces should be up to 1000 words.
3. Be Creative! It can be about any aspect of aging, and barring offensive content, nothing is off-limits. Write about what moves you. Humor will go a long way.
4. Include a catchy title.
5. If possible, provide a photo to go along with your story.
- This should relate to your essay
- I must have permission to use the image - meaning, if you've taken it from the internet, please secure permission or find a picture from a royalty-free website. You must include any copyright information and/or the photographer's name so credit can be attributed.
6. Provide a brief bio (one to three lines).
7. Email your essay (attached in a Word doc) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Sign up to receive emails on postings and upcoming classes at: https://www.debbieleaman.com/contact/
9. Share your work! Post your story (and others) on social media and with your contacts.
10. Not all essays will be posted. I will decide and you'll receive a response as quickly as I can get to it. As a writer, I'm sensitive to response times and will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.
Questions? Send me an email! Thanks for your interest!